Ring of Steel Protection is a Ring in Dark Souls 3.
Ring of Steel Protection
Ring of Steel Protection Effect
- Increases physical damage absorption by 10%
- +1 Version (NG+): 13%
- +2 Version (NG++): 15%
- Your new absorption will be 1 - ((1 - (currentAbsorption/100)) * (1 - X))
- X is 0.1 for Normal, 0.13 for +1 and 0.15 for +2
- Weight: 0.8
Where to Find Ring of Steel Protection
- Found in the boss arena where you fight the Ancient Wyvern in Archdragon Peak. After entering the boss arena run up the stairs until you see a bell. Then proceed to the right, downstairs. There are 3 items lying on the ground. After the items look to the right, there should be a ledge you can walk on. Continue to find the ring. (video location)
- +1 Version (NG+): Untended Graves behind the tower that is unlocked by the Tower Key (Location)
- +2 Version (NG++): From the Abyss Watchers bonfire head into the Catacombs of Carthus. After dealing with the skeletons look to your left as you're crossing the first bridge and you'll see the ring on top of a small pillar. (Location) (video location)
- Suffers from diminishing returns of damage absorption. See below/see formula.
- At 28% Slash/Strike/Thrust Absorption with heavy armour, this ring will increase it to 35/35/35 (6-7% increase). This is still a substantial increase to DR and is extremely useful. Furthermore, the Lloyd ring will increase this amount another 8% for a total of around 43% (for the first hit and any chugging you do).
- Minor testing required for finding the "soft cap" of 9.99 (out of 10) Absorption weighted against stacking armour absorption.
Trivia goes here