Stamina in Dark Souls 3 is the green bar and stat that appears on the player's HUD and stat screen respectively. It is used for most of the actions that the player character perfoms with the exception of walking. Stamina can be increased by investing points into Endurance when leveling up or by equipping certain items.
- Stamina has a soft cap of 160 at 40 endurance. You will only gain 10 more stamina (170 total) at 99 endurance.
Items That Increase Stamina
- Chloranthy Ring (+7/s)
- Grass Crest Shield +(4/s)
- Green Blossom (+5/s)
- Budding Green Blossom (+9/s)
- Deep Protection (+3/s)
- Power Within (+30/s)
- Galvanize Skill (+10/s)
Items That Decrease Stamina Regeneration
NOTE: Unlike Dark Souls 2, Stamina regeneration does not increase when equipment load is under 50%. I tested it with a stopwatch, and with 97 Stamina it takes exactly 2.5 seconds to regenerate regardless of equipment load.
At 0-70% equipment load stamina regenerates at standard rate, at over 70% load regeneration rate is decreased. Standard rate apears to be 45 stamina/second. Chloranthy ring +2 adds plain 8 stam/sec, not percentage. Galvanize skill apperas to add plain 10 stam/sec. Other boost sources may be percent based, not sure.
0-70% equipment load
Over 70% equipment load
Regen rate, stamina/sec
Regen time, sec (160 stamina pool)
|Boost||Regen rate, stamina/sec||Regen time, sec (160 stamina pool)
|Chloranthy ring +2||53||3||+17.8%||45||3.6||+21.6%|
|Grass Shield + Chloranthy ring +2||57||2.8||+26.7%||46||3.5||24.3%|
|Grass Shield + Chloranthy ring +2 + Green Blossom||63||2.5||+40%||50||3.2||+35.1%|
|Grass Shield + Chloranthy ring +2 + Green Blossom + Galvanize||73||2.2||+62.2%||60||2.7||+62.2%|
|Grass Shield + Chloranthy ring +2 + Green Blossom + Power Within||94||1.7||+108.8%|
|Grass Shield + Chloranthy ring +2 + Green Blossom + Power Within + Galvanize||102||1.57||+117%|
- Stamina can go into negative values if you overuse your remaining stamina. This means that it will take longer for your stamina to recover to its maximum. [source]
- Negative stamina recovers at the same rate as positive stamina.
- Negative stamina has a cap of -60.