Pontiff's Right Eye is a Ring in Dark Souls 3.
Pontiff's Right Eye
Pontiff's Right Eye Effect
- Boosts attacks to a maximum of +15%, as long attacking persists.
- Weight: 1.4
- Located in the Irithyll of the Boreal Valley. The giant Sulyvahn's Beast you face the first time crossing the bridge. Defeating this enemy rewards you this ring.
- If you run past this enemy the first time you meet it, through the barrier on the other side of the bridge, it will stop spawning there. It will appear later in the water-filled area past Yorshka's church, where you can kill it and loot the ring.
- Will boost attack power after every 3-5 hits, depending on weapon type.
- When triggered, the buff looks like a red aura (similar to the green stamina regen aura from Dark Souls 1)
- A status icon will also appear under your Health and Stamina. It's a sword and an upwards arrow (if you have a ring or another buff the uses this icon, then you won't notice any change there visually)
- The boost will continue to rise after every 3-5 hits up to a 15% increase in attack power at max
- The boost will decrease and eventually end if you go without attacking for too long
- Stacks with Carthus Beacon
- Bows and Crossbows seem unable to increase the buff.
- When the buff is triggered, it plays an odd sound effect, as if someone is exhaling very roughly through a helmet (Similar to the sound that a Lothric Knight makes when killed, but at a much lower pitch).
|Weapon Class||One Handed Light||Two Handed Light||One Handed Heavy||Two Handed Heavy|
|Paired Straight Swords||3||3||3||-|
|Ultra Greatswords||3||3||4||Too Slow|
|Paired Curved Sword||3||3||3||-|
- Test character used 40 END, Chloranthy Ring +2 and Ring of Favor +2 for stamina. Was proficient in every weapon used for testing.
Notes for Damage:
- Damage was tested via backstab to get consistent damage. The increase is in attack-rating, which is why some weapons benefit more from the buff. It seems to increase in 3 steps; first acquired at immediate proc, a second step at around 10 hits, and a last stage at 14 hits. Here are 3 weapons tested at their different stages.
|Mailbreaker @ 5 hits||194|
|Mailbreaker @ 10 hits||198|
|Mailbreaker @ 15 hits||210|
|Scimitar @ 5 hits||140|
|Scimitar @ 10 hits||143|
|Scimitar @ 15 hits||151|
|Cestus @ 5 hits||102|
|Cestus @ 10 hits||107|
|Cestus @ 15 hits||110|
- As seen in the graph above for research, the damage buff is inconsistent. The first buff varies between 3-6% from normal, second buff varies between 7-8% from normal, and the max buff varies between 10-13% from normal. Very inconsistent damage increase. Source of damage increase unknown, but the general scaling seems to be in the range of 10-15% for max buff.
- Addendum to the above: The buff is to AR which is why it seems inconsistent. A 5% increase in AR will mean a bigger damage increase to a weapon that does more damage than one that doesn't.
Trivia goes here