Anri's Straight Sword is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
Sword precious to Anri, another Unkindled. The dullest type of blade found in the ruined land of Astora.
Only, it was once the sword of an earnest noble figure, and its attacks are boosted by that elusive, essential property unique to humans: luck.
While in stance, use normal attack to break a foe's guard from below, and strong attack to slash upwards with a forward lunge.
Notes and Tips:
- Cannot be Infused, but can be Buffed
- Reinforced with Twinkling Titanite.
- Naturally possesses the Blessed infusion HP regen and Faith scaling for physical damage
- Naturally possesses approximately A scaling in Luck.
- This weapon has just under 400 AR at the minimum requirements and 40 Luck.
- Because of its very high natural Luck scaling and how it works with the Bleed attribute, applying Carthus Rouge on this weapon with a high Luck stat will make just about anything and anyone bleed extremely quickly. Here are some examples, all testings done on the Dancer while spamming R1 as fast as possible:
- With 11 Luck, the Dancer bleeds in 8 hits. With 40 Luck, she bleeds in 5 hits. With 70 Luck, which is the hardcap for the Luck based Bleed bonus (yes, 70 and not 60 like for the other stats), the Dancer bleeds in 4 hits.
- Because Luck rarely ever contributes towards a weapon's base damage, players who are making Luck builds in NG may want to consider killing Anri as soon as possible to get this weapon, even though it will negatively affect the quest lines of other NPCs. This choice could also be helpful for the skeletons in the Catacombs of Carthus, which appear not long after meeting Anri. Getting this weapon will save Luck builds from having to waste resources on faith upgrades just to deal decent damage against skeletons.
- At 74 STR, 74 DEX, 74 LCK Anri's Straight Sword +5 has 495 AR when onehanded.
- If you are looking to get this early, for an easy method have 12 faith and equip Force. When you first meet the pair on the Road of Sacrifices, kill the mobs on the bridge and then agro Anri and Horace. Kite them to the bridge.They can be coaxed into following you although they may try to return to the bonfire. Tank one or two of their hits on the bridge and then use force to throw them from the heights. Reload the game and their items will be at the bonfire.
Location/Where to Find
- Drops from Anri of Astora if killed or if you complete his/her quest line. If you complete Anri's questline, the sword will be given to you by Ludleth of Courland at Firelink Shrine. Note that killing Anri will disrupt Yuria's quest line and cause her to leave.
- If you married Anri in the Darkmoon tomb, it will be in the same location as the cutscene. Video Example.
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Anri's Straight Sword Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)