Wolf's Blood Swordgrass is a Multiplayer Item in Dark Souls 3.
Wolf's Blood Swordgrass
- Offer to the Old Wolf to rank up in the Watchdogs of Farron covenant
- One blade of grass is obtained after each successful defeat of a trespasser of Farron Swamp, obtained while in the Watchdogs of Farron Covenant
- From the Old Wolf of Farron bonfire, go down the ladder and head right. It'll be in a corner near the Estus Soup.
- Dropped from all types of Ghru as a rare drop.
- It is highly recommended yo increase your Item Discovery stat before farming. Equipping the Symbol of Avarice (+100), Covetous Gold Serpent Ring (+50), Crystal Sage's Rapier (+50), and using Rusted Coins (+50) will boost Item Discovery by 250 points (315 with the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring +3, which can be obtained in NG in The Ringed City). Items will drop approximately 2.5/3.15 times more often, reducing farming time by around 60-70%.
- Increasing Luck also increases Item Discovery by one point per level.
- The Crystal Sage's Rapier will still give its boost while sheathed on the player's back and without having the required stats to wield it.
- One good place to farm is to kill the three Ghrus on the bridge near the Keep Ruins bonfire. There are several methods proposed by the community to efficiently farm them.
- Pyromancy: Chaos Fireball can apparently be used to one-shot all three Ghrus. Use Hidden Body to avoid detection.
- Sorcery: You need to be able to use (Crystal) Soul Spear to one-shot a Ghru. When farming, position yourself so that you do not aggro them but can still lock on to the two closest Ghrus. Cast CSS once to kill the closest one, which will also kill the farthest one. Cast CSS to the second one, and RUN to get its loot (if any) before the body falls off the bridge. The effect of one Rusted Coin can last 4 "cycles", meaning you kill 12 Ghrus/minute.
- Some players have reported that melee approach can also be used to quickly kill all three Ghrus.
- Another good farming location, which doubles as a Pale Tongue farming location, is the Farron Keep Perimeter bonfire.
- Invading via Red Eye Orb while being in the covenant does not yield Swordgrass. Instead it gives you Pale Tongues.
- From 195 times farming by keep ruins bonfire, the statistics seem to be 1.68% chance for the poisonbreathing ghrus to drop a swordgrass and 0.92% for the shieldbearing ghrus. The conclusion is that there's 1.2% chance for a swordgrass for every time you kill the three by the keep ruins bonfire.
- Blacksmith Andre will leave you Hawkwood's Swordgrass, a brown variation of Wolf's Blood Swordgrass.