Toxic Mist is a Pyromancy in Dark Souls 3. To cast a Pyromancy you must use a Flame or Special Weapons that can cast Pyromancies.
|Requirements||0 Intelligence/ 15 Faith
Unique pyromancy of Eingyi that never gained currency in the Great Swamp.
Creates an intense poison mist.
Driven from the Great Swamp, they say that at the end of his journey, Eingyi happened upon a virulent poison and a young lady.
Found in the Smouldering Lake.
From the Old King's Antechamber bonfire, go through the illusionary wall on the far side of the room that drops down into the hall of fire orbs and pyromancer demons. Follow the far wall left to the end of the room; you should see a corridor with a rat in it.
You may follow the rat and drop into a lava pit to pick up the pyromancy, as well as the White Hair Talisman. Alternatively, take the first door on your right into a root-infested catacomb with several rats. One of the far walls is illusionary; grab the Quelana Pyromancy Tome if you haven't already and the stairs down into the lava pit. Mind the lava slimes.
Tips against the lava
- Drink Estus instead of rolling a lot.
- Blocking while entering lava blocks the damage of lava, but as soon as you lower your shield or take an item you'll stop blocking damage.
- Use any combination of high fire resist armor, Flash Sweat (+30%), Red Bug Pellets (+15%), Flame Stoneplate Ring (+13%), Speckled Stoneplate Ring (+5%) Blue Tearstone Ring (+20% at 20%).
In the End you should get around 66% resistance (73% with Blue Tearstone Ring).
- Note, that, the more you stack up resistance, the more "diminishing returns" hit, which means that resistance will fall more and more. So you don't really need Havel's Armor Set.
- The toxic status applied by Toxic Mist only lasts 90 seconds (needs confirmation, last only 60 on PC).
- The Toxic Damage totals a fixed 1440 Damage at 24 damage per tick.
- The Toxic Damage and Duration is unaffected by all forms of buffs.
- The toxic buildup is drastically reduced if cast with the White Hair Talisman without meeting the stat requirements.
- The toxic buildup is fixed; it will not scale with Luck, Intelligence, or Faith.