Prism Stone is a Consumable in Dark Souls 3.
Prism Stone Usage
- Toss to leave a colored light marker on the ground. Can take on a variety of different colors.
- You can trade one of them to receive a Twinkling Titanite at the crow nest.
- Prism stones laid on the ground before a player enters the world will not be visible to them.
- Can be used to test if the height of a fall is Survivable.
- When thrown off high ledges that the player can't survive with full HP (embered) or insta-kill chasms, It will give off a dying scream.
- If it's a survivable fall, it will land on the ground and shine like normal.
- It is Not fully accurate at low levels. Having minimal amounts of dexterity and vitality could cause the most risky falls to become lethal without making the prism stones alert you. (tested with 8 Vit, 12 Dex at some roof in High Wall of Lothric)
- Fall damage is percentage-based, considering your max HP as embered, increases with equipped weight, and is reduced by your Vitality and Dexterity attributes.
Prism Stone Locations
- Sold by Shrine Handmaid for 10 souls.
- Dropped by ??
- 10x Found in the poison swamp of Farron Keep, near the first bonfire.
- Only 33 can be out at one time. If more are thrown down, the earliest stone will despawn.
- Trivia goes here
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
The rare white colour is tricky and very good as bait, since from the distance it looks just like a collectible (an actual one, not those bags that always have rubbish or repair powder).
But what is the rare 8th color?
A person invaded me using dragon head to drop these around me and I instantly died! Any idea what this means?
I remember an old Easter Egg about dropping a Prism Stone 'somewhere' and A Little Crab will pop out and follow you Without Agro. Does anyone remember this?
I've tossed out a few to test if a fall was legit or not. These fucking stones lie. They will "land" on imaginary ground, give the normal sound that you can survive, and after you jump, you fall through the ground that the stone is clearly shining on.
I've resorted to putting down signs saying "try falling, use stone" and getting people to die. Why? Cause that's this community.
You can put at most 32 (2^5 , or 5 bits ) prism stone on the floor. The 33rd one you put on the ground will cause the first one to disappear (queue).
There is also a slim chance for you to get " one stone two birds" , I have experienced that a few times in PVP arena ( consume 1 stone only)
It costs exactly 6990 souls to have a full stack in your inventory, along with a full stack in your storage box.
AKA enough from 1 Ascended Winged Knight
Is nobody going to ask why there can be only 33 out at a time?
How long do these last exactly?
How long do they last?
Do these make it easier to see more summon signs for Dark and Light phantoms? Tried hosting a fight club and had one guy but no other summon signs. He came up and watched me do the collapse gesture, then started dropping these everywhere near the Pontiff S. balcony and suddenly there were like five or six more summon signs I could see. Is that just a trippy coincidence?
If a phantom starts dropping these, would it erase stones the host already laid out before?
it wont work for me i used it to see if i could drop off from the ledge by patches and i died even though it said i could maby fall damg got broken in the patch
If a Phantom drops prism stones, will the Host see them after that Phantom has left?
Just a little note if you place Prism Stones before anyone joins (Before they start loading in) They will not see them. Also the screaming bit for lethal fall damage is true.
here is all the colors you can get http://i.imgur.com/hO5vwVb.jpg
By the wording in this section, can you only do a one time trade to receive a Twinkling Titanite or can this be done an infinite amount of times?