Miracle of Dorhys the deranged evangelist.
Summons great insect swarm to feast on foes.
Those who linger too long on the brink of the Deep will often slip. Dorhys is sure to have wallowed in this darkness, intoxicated by its peril.
- Found in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley: From the Church of Yorksha bonfire, head out of the main entrance and down the stairs. Take the path going right and then head straight on to an overlook platform that has or had a Crystal Lizard on. Hit the railing on the right to reveal steps going down. Follow the path until you see an item near a tree. Drop down and kill the screaming Evangelist to receive Dorhys' Gnawing.
- Fires a pair of spinning swarm projectiles, instead of of the single swarm projectile fired by Gnaw. The hit inflicts both dark damage and bleed buildup.
- Applies 210 points of bleed buildup.
- This is the highest single hit application of bleed in the game, and is sufficient to bleed some enemies with a single cast. Extremely effective even at the minimum required Faith.
- This bleed buildup is a fixed value, and does not scale with Luck, Faith, or Intelligence.
- The dark damage scales with the spellbuff of the chosen catalyst. Dark Miracle catalysts (Sunless Talisman & Caitha's Chime) with high Intelligence and Faith will maximize the dark damage.
- Damage tested against the Firekeeper at softcaps for regular miracles (60 Faith Yorshka's Chime +10) and dark miracles (45 FTH/INT Caitha's Chime +5) with both miracle boosting rings. Yorshka's Chime had a spellbuff of 247 and did 694 damage; Caitha's Chime had a spellbuff of 253 and did 841 damage, an increase of 147 or 21%.
- The projectile has lazy homing, it tends to turn most accurately at medium distances. Near the end of the maximum range it shoots off in a straight line.
- The projectile's hitbox is wider than the particles show. It can be difficult for enemies or players to avoid it in narrow places.
- Sped up in regulation 1.08 and again in 1.11.
- Takes approximately 1.4 seconds to cast at max casting speed.
- Deals (spell buff x 1.2) damage.