Elfriede's Stance is a Skill in Dark Souls 3.
Weapons That Have Elfriede's Stance
Notes & Information
- Hold the Weapon Art (WA) button (L2) to enter in a stance using both scythes. Press Light/Normal Attack (R1) to chain attacks with both scythes, up to 3 times for a total of 6 attacks, or Strong Attack (R2) to create a small patch of frost on the ground.
- Your movement speed is reduced to a slow walk when holding the WA stance.
- Your stamina regeneration is also reduced by 66% when holding the stance.
- All of your attacks during the light attack chain grant you hyper armor and the first hit (done with the magic scythe) cannot be parried.
- Every attack of this chain applies Frostbite buildup per hit, calculated by the scythe's innate Frostbite stat.
- The attacks done with the physical (main) scythe can be parried, so beware of spamming it carelessly on PvP situations.
- Using the strong attack causes the second scythe to swing on a low angle, spreading ice on the ground that explodes 2.5 seconds later, dealing double of your magic AR in magic damage (before applying resistances), applying frost buildup, and dealing heavy poise damage (cappable of sending some opponents upwards).
- The initial scythe swing does have a hitbox, and causes normal frost buildup on hit. It's damage is approximately 40% lower on average (at 40/40 dex/int) than a normal R1 swing. It can also stagger, but does not guarantee follow ups.
- The ice on the ground applies a small amount of frostbite buildup just by standing on it.
- Ice explosion/burst deals severe frostbite buildup if it connects.
- Using the normal/light WA attack will not consume any FP, but using your strong attack will.
- The Weapon Art light attacks can be transitioned into the heavy attack.
- Example: Hold L2 (Stance) > R1 > R1 > R2
- The small ice area can go up to walls and pillars if used close enough to them.
- When not using the Weapon Art, the magic scythe always remains on the player's back