This is a player-created Build for Dark souls 3.
- Build Name: Paladin
- Build Level: 110
- Build Focus: PvP and PvE
- Build Main Stat: 30 Str, 35 Dex, 30 Faith
- Right Hand: Mace, Gotthard Twinswords, Dragonslayer Swordspear, Farron Greatsword
- Left Hand: Small Leather Shield or Buckler, Grass Crest Shield
- Rings: Havel's Ring and Ring of Favor are set in stone,
the rest are situational and depend on the weapon (description below):
Ring of Steel Protection,
Lingering Dragoncrest Ring,
Saint's Ring (or any other ring, that gives attunement slots)
- Miracles: Sacred Oath, Deep Protection and Lightning Blade
- Armor: Whatever fits the remaining weight to be lower than 70%, be it fashion-souls, balanced protections or even both.
This build is a Quality and Faith hybrid, and as such is aimed to have high scaling with a wide variety of weapons and have access to damage and protections buffs.
This results in high damage , survivability and overall flexibility when facing different builds in PvP and different enemies in PvE.
- The weapon art Perseverance is used to step into enemy swing and trade - you have a small window of hyper armor + boosted protections, so the resulting trade is both in your favor and you dont get staggered, while your opponent does, which allows you to have a free followup attack.
- We use the Lightning Blade miracle, since this is a regular weapon, which greatly boosts our damage
- Since the 3 miracles take 4 attunement slots (Sacred Oath takes 2 slots) we need a Saint's Ring
- The strategy to outtrade is very risky and is based on making the most damage while taking the least, which heavily depends on our buffs, so we take a Lingering Dragoncrest Ring as our 4th ring
- This weapon has a great number of combo moves with very high resulting damage, but we are not looking to trade with this weapon.
- We do use Lightning Blade and Saint's Ring again, since this weapon can be buffed.
- This weapon's strategy doesn't involve taking damage, but it takes a great deal of stamina, so we use Chloranthy Ring and Grass Crest Shield
- The weapon has a great moveset that includes pokes, overheads and wide slashes, which makes it very flexible, while having a great reach.
- Can't be buffed, so we only need 3 attunement slots for our 2 buffs - Sacred Oath and Deep Protection
- The weapon art Falling Bolt has a fairly long reach and a VERY good tracking - only rolling can save from its damage, which is usually almost half enemy hp.
Additionally after casting the Falling Bolt you also buff your weapon with additional lightning damage, which is around 2/3 as potent as Lightning Blade
- The rings we use with this weapon are Hunter's Ring to boost our damage and Ring of Steel Protection for survivability
- Same setup as Dragonslayer Swordspear
- Has a unique moveset, which can be very devastating if played correctly
The build works well with lots of other weapons, feel free to try it with whatever weapon you like!